K.C. Hilton's Reviews > Six Weeks

Six Weeks by Jessica L. Degarmo

Aug 15, 11

Recommended for: YA

This story hits home for many reasons. How many young ladies unexpectedly become pregnate? How many were in a situation to be able to handle it, by way of money or living conditions and so on? This story raises many questions as you walk through Immy's home life and the decision she needs to make within six weeks. A choice needs to be made. Keep the baby, adoption or even abortion. This story walks you through each choice, through Immy's eyes. What would you do if you had her life? I strongly believe all young ladies should read this book and it should be required reading for all high school parenting classes. All young ladies should read this book.

It's gripping and real! It hits home on so many levels. I read this in one sitting because I could NOT put it down. I was right there with Immy and at times I wanted to slap a few people, her mother being one of them. Yes, Immy's mother.

Degarmo has opened the door to a new reality in a book. One that will open your eyes to a better understanding, on the other side of the fence. Step into Immy's life and walk in her shoes. Make your own decision. What would you do? This story has remained with me, long after I finished reading it. I'll never forget it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Weeks.