UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun

Nov 22, 15

bookshelves: ebook-own-have-read, 4-stars, reviewed-by-me, romance-hot-and-sweet, cops-detectives-agents, author-anne-calhoun, must-reread, own-have-read, top-10-heroes
Recommended for: Anyone who loves a great, sexy book with a strong romance.
I own a copy , read count: 2

Liberating Lacey is one of those stories that takes you by surprise because it’s been labeled erotica so many times that you go into it expecting nothing but a heaping helping of crazy hot sex. Well, let me just tell you - you certainly do get that, but you also get so much more!

Lacey Meyers is a successful businesswoman whose husband of 15 years has dropped the D-bomb on her. She tried everything she could think of to save the marriage, including spicing up their sex life. Unfortunately – or fortunately as the case may be, she was the only one interested in saving that sinking ship. So here she is, 36 years old and single again, and on the advice of her very best friend, Claire, Lacey decides to test the ‘casual hook-up’ scene. Claire drills into Lacey’s head that she needs to keep it light – that it’s only about sex, and nothing more.

Hunter Anderson is a 28 year old hot, no-strings-attached edgy cop and when he meets this beautiful, sexy woman who’s looking for a no-strings-attached night of passion, he’s not about to turn her down. He’s done this before and he knows the score – keep it light – it’s only about sex and nothing more.

Hunter and Lacey don’t even make it out of the bar’s parking lot before they’re making hot, wild monkey love, and over the next several weeks it becomes clear that their sexual chemistry is off the charts. It’s a win-win situation for both of them, until the one thing neither of them expected to happen did – their “it’s only about sex and nothing more” relationship starts turning into something more.

This is one of those rare books that you can call an erotic read or a great romance and either way you’d be right. Anne Calhoun did a fabulous job of giving us two amazing people who, each for their own reasons, are feeling vulnerable and who are protecting their hearts. I couldn’t help but fall in love with Hunter, even though he was at times callous. In fact, Hunter holds a place of honor on my "Heroes I'd Do Ten Way To Sunday" shelf! And Lacey was such a wonderful, compassionate woman, how could I not adore her too?

The bottom line - This is so much more than just an erotic read. I was laughing one minute and tearing up the next. I wanted to hurry and finish so I could see Hunter and Lacey get their happily ever after and yet, I didn’t want it to end. I’m so glad to have discovered Anne Calhoun and can’t wait to read more of her writing. I can’t stress enough how much I enjoyed this story and if all of her books are this good, she’ll be an auto-buy author for me!
54 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberating Lacey.

08/16/2011 "I started reading this last night on the recommendation of a friend, but as I'm reading I could SWEAR I've read it before! I recall so much but not enough to remember the outcome!" 4 comments
08/04/2014 marked as: own-have-read
show 1 hidden update…

Taryn at My Secret Romance I hear this book is fantastic. I still need to buy it. Can't wait to see what you think!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "I hear this book is fantastic. I still need to buy it. Can't wait to see what you think!"

I'm sorry, I didn't see this comment! I really enjoyed it. I'll be posting my review tomorrow, probably. It was sweet, very sexy, and emotional.

Taryn at My Secret Romance That's ok! I look forward to what you have to say.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "That's ok! I look forward to what you have to say."

It's up, and writing the review made me remember how many wonderful things there are about this book. I hope you read it soon!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead I'm glad you liked it!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It was great, Michelle!

Juliana Philippa Great review, Dhestiny! Bought this off of someone else's recommendation, but it has been sitting on my Nook unread, lost amidst all the other books I really-want-to-read-asap ... your review has me moving it up to the top though!

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Aug 24, 2011 10:23AM) (new) - added it

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Juliana! I really enjoyed this story. It was sweet, but also very sexy. I hope you enjoy it as much (or more) as I did!

message 9: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl Great review!! I've had this one on my Kindle for about 9 months now... don't know why I haven't read it yet but your review makes me want to grab it up and read it now!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Excellent review, Dhes! Thanks!!

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Great review Dhes :) xx

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review! You have to read her hot novellas (especially Fighting Fair)! These short stories are amazing too! She writes with such class! I LOVE all her books. Raine Latimer is Anne's pen name, and she's written On the Edge. There's this guy...Ty...hmmmm, can't wait to read his story. Ty's story will be full length and I am sooooo on pins and needles. Anne told me that she's finished an erotic suspense book but she couldn't tell me when it'll be released. Just check out her website regularly!

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Aug 24, 2011 11:27AM) (new) - added it

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Ladies!! This was my second time reading Liberating Lacey, but for some reason I hadn't reviewed it or even marked it as read, which surprised me when I was rereading it because it was so good.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Baba, as soon as I was done with Liberating Lacey I read Fighting Fair and loved it! I'll be posting that review soon, too! Thank you for the information on her upcoming books!

MelissaB Great review UM! Luckily I already own this :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Melissa! I think this one is great for those of us who like our romances on the steamier side, but do want a solid romance, too.

MelissaB UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Melissa! I think this one is great for those of us who like our romances on the steamier side, but do want a solid romance, too."

I do I do! :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish MelissaB wrote: "I do I do! :) "

Me too, Me too! LOL!

Tammy Walton Grant I think this one is great for those of us who like our romances on the steamier side, but do want a solid romance, too.

Yes! That's me. :) Great review, Dhes, I've added it and look forward to reading it.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Tammy! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. This was my 2nd time reading it and I'm sure I'll read it again.

message 20: by Tammy (last edited Aug 29, 2011 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tammy Walton Grant Dhes, I finished (stayed up half the night to do it, then immediately re-read it), and, well, I don't have the words for how much I liked it.

See my gushing here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

(you need to read it, 'cause you're in it, lol)

message 21: by Buggy (last edited Sep 03, 2011 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Buggy Wow, you guys suck because this sounds super good and now I HAVE to read it./

Excellent review Unique G!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Buggy!!!!!! If I have to suck, I'm glad it's because I recommended a good book! :)

Buggy Ha ha I just noticed your shelf "heroes I'd do ten ways to Sunday" -you crack me up girl

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Hah! Funny, but oh, so true!!!

Juliana Philippa Buggy wrote: "Ha ha I just noticed your shelf "heroes I'd do ten ways to Sunday" -you crack me up girl"

OMG that's hysterical!! Great one Dhestiny ;-)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Juliana *blushes*

message 27: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Wonderful review, Dhes!

message 28: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Sep 14, 2011 11:07PM) (new) - added it

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Lisa Kay! I just loved this story! Are you going to read it?

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Thinking about it. Got to pay my mortgage first, before I buy anymore books this month.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lisa Kay wrote: "Thinking about it. Got to pay my mortgage first, before I buy anymore books this month."

Oh, I understand that! I've had this one for awhile.

I hope you'll love it when you finally get to read it!

message 31: by Ragus (new) - added it

Ragus Great, great review, UM!! I found Ms Calhoun recently thanks to Baba, and I'm loving every review I've read so far. I'm definitely one of these " ... for those of us who like our romances on the steamier side, but do want a solid romance."!! :o))

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Ragus! Isn't it wonderful to find someone who can write it all? I adore her stories. The hardest thing, though, is deciding what to read next!!!

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Only 4 stars! My favorite erotica of all time! It even has elements os D/s that are so subtle, you almost miss them. I say 6/5 stars. This book just has a special something. I wish she'd write another novel.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish "Only 4"? 4 means I loved it!

Melanie Wow, sounds like a great book! I'll have to mark it as a definite 'to-read'....

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It's a wonderful book, Melanie! I hope you love it!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter EricJacobLover wrote: "Only 4 stars! My favorite erotica of all time! It even has elements os D/s that are so subtle, you almost miss them. I say 6/5 stars. This book just has a special something. I wish she'd write..."

Anne is writing full-length novels - right now! Did you read On the Edge by Raine Latimer? This is Anne's pen name. There you'll find a secondary character named Ty. Anne is writing his story (full-length) right now. And she's finished another full-length novel but she couldn't tell me a release date so far. It should be out sometime next year. What else can I tell you? HAPPY WAITING!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Baba!!!! Another book I have to read? You're killing me, my friend!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Baba!!!! Another book I have to read? You're killing me, my friend!"

Hey, Dhes, that would be too sad!! No way! LOL

Michele ~ la Smoocherina I did read "On th Edge" was HOT! Oooo! I can't wait for more from her!

Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ OMG Dhes......just added this to my TBR soon list!! Love your review babes. So excited to read this one. xo

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Michele ~ la Smoocherina wrote: "I did read "On th Edge" was HOT! Oooo! I can't wait for more from her!"

I'm sorry... I didn't see this comment until just now! Well, better late than never, true. Even if it is 3 years late. LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "OMG Dhes......just added this to my TBR soon list!! Love your review babes. So excited to read this one. xo"

Thanks, honey!! I'm excited to hear what you think!!