Justyn B.'s Reviews > The Prince of Fenway Park

The Prince of Fenway Park by Julianna Baggott

U_50x66
Aug 15, 11

Read in July, 2011

This is a book about the Boston Red Sox and a curse. The main characters are Oscar Egg, his father, Malachi Egg, a Coach Odonnel and his friend who isn't very nice, Mean Friend. The town is close to Fenway Park and the underground. The bad part of the book is that Oscar's mom is passing him off so that she can go see her boyfriend. Maybe he should go live with his Dad, so he doesn't have to feel like he is being pushed out from his mom?

In the underground, the gate keepers, one nice and the other mean are repairing the infield that was destroyed. The field was destroyed by by an animal and others, it is part of a curse. Yes a curse in the underground of baseball. This book was sort of confusing to me, because it made me feel bad for the main character, Oscar and about things that happen in major sports that you don't hear about.

When Malachai Egg lets Oscar come live with him, which he didn't want to do, the secret of the 86 year curse on the Red Sox is opened because Malachi is one of the Cursed Creatures who live under Fenway Park. When Oscar tells everyone that he is the only one that can break the curse, he has to assemble a team of 12 year olds to play against a team in a huge game.

This book was not really good to me, it was hard to follow. At first I thought this book was going to be a sports book, a book about baseball and I really didn't get the part that there was going to be this curse and all of the bad things that happened in underground baseball. I would not recommend this book if you are big into sports, maybe if you follow baseball really close and you know about some curse that happens you will understand it better, but for me I had a hard time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince of Fenway Park.