Felts's Reviews > Skin Privilege

Aug 15, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: crime-mystery
Read from August 15 to 23, 2011

Frustratingly entertaining is how I would try to describe this book and series it belongs to. The sixth installment of the Grant County series finds our main characters neck deep in sorrow and sadistic, racist, drug dealing skin heads.
The entertaining part of this series is how screwed up all the main characters lives have become. I'm drawn in just to see what kind of s..t is gonna happen next to make every single character in these books beyond miserable. Karin Slaughter must love making everyone depressed, but I still find myself intrigued and can honestly say I was a little giddy at the end of this one. One "main" character down, two to go!
The frustrating part of this book, and possibly the whole series, is the lack of characters in the book that aren't meant to be major characters...by that, I mean it seems that every character we get introduced to in this book turns out to be part of the "evil scheme". Even, the cleaning lady at the motel is someone major. It's getting to the point where any time a new person is added to the story line, I start thinking to myself, "how is this guy involved in the evil scheme of things" or "how is this person gonna die", or "in a future book in the grant county series, how is this person gonna come back to be a rapist/murderer".
Anyhoo, it's my understanding that the next time we see Sara from this series, she is tag teaming with the folks from the Will Trent series which I enjoy. So, I'm looking forward to seeing how Sara makes Will's life miserable!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Privilege.