Donna's Reviews > Supernova

Supernova by C.L. Parker

Apr 08, 12

Read from April 07 to 08, 2012

Ok, where to start?? I put off reading this book for some reason. Don't know whether I was afraid that I wouldn't like it, and disappoint my facebook friend, CL Parker, or what, but I finally just picked it up and read it. Once I started, though, I had trouble putting it down! I loved it - the feelings between Kerrigan and her grandmother touched something in me. Both of my grandmothers are gone, but I was closer to one of them, and this book reminded of that time when we were close. The love between Kerrigan and Dominic was undeniable - love at first sight was truly the lightning bolt that hit both of them when they met. Sure, there were eye-rolling moments when 'his manly scent' washed over Kerrigan, but CL has a talent for drawing a mental picture that is rare among authors. She describes the action so well that you see it like a movie... She pays attention to detail, and that comes across in every scene. It may cause a problem when the movie inspired by the series is made (no doubt that it could happen), because everyone will have a very clearly defined picture of what Kerrigan and Dominic look like.

If you're putting off reading Supernova and Cataclysm for any reason, stop it! Pick up Supernova today, and enjoy the off-the-chain antics of Gabe, the over-the-top gay bestie of Kerrigan. You'll find yourself laughing out loud! This is an unusual story - unique and fresh in the world of Paranormal Romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernova.