Julia's Reviews > Hunting Ground

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

Aug 15, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in August, 2011

The second novel in the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs deals heavily in the world of werewolves, as I expect most in this series will, but also delves a bit into the world of the Fae. For me, the book was over too soon - not because the plot wasn't wrapped up (it was, and beautifully done, as I've come to expect from Briggs), but because I just didn't want to stop reading about Anna and Charles in Seattle! Living in the NorthWest myself, Seattle is a fun place to visit, and it was fun to imagine it as Briggs did, with werewolves, vampires, and Fae hiding in the shadows. That's one of the things I like about Patricia Brigg's novels: unlike a lot of tv and books that are set in places I've never been (but where many people live), I've been to nearly all of the places where her stories have taken place so far.

But even if I hadn't been to any of the places, I'd still have to say that these books are great: fast-paced, exciting plots; characters I care about and relate to, and "bad guys" who aren't completely black and white.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Ground.