Ashlie's Reviews > Captivate

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Aug 15, 11

Read in April, 2011

This sequel was a fun read and the story had a creepy element that kept things balanced, but suspenseful. There was a different twist to this love triangle, because someone's (well, a few someone's) existence relied on its outcome. I don't dislike Astley, but I'm really so in love with Nick *swoon*. Nick and Zara's relationship is reeeeally tested in this book and there are a lot of fun twists and turns involved. There were several times throughout the story where I was audibly freaking out (despite weird glances & comments from my husband :)

I still love Zara's phobias, and I really admire that she tries to face them, to create and then master her own destiny. Sometimes her mom really gets on my nerves, but I like how Zara stands up to her about it. I sees this as her mom's fault anyway :) Astley is confusing; I wasn't sure if he was bad, good, in between. You never can tell with pixies! Even if he does have all that pixie swagger, I still adore Nick. nick is all tough and rugged in a super hot, wolfie way.

The ending of this book had me floored I was so grateful that I didn't start reading this series until Entice was already out, because as soon as Captivate was finished I rushed over to BN to get it. I must say that I did like Need better, but this was a really fun read. Now to be Enticed!

I liked Captivate, but if you're not sold on the series, don't buy it. It's a fun read, but you could get it from a friend or a library. I'm obsessed with having complete series in my personal library though, so it's worth it to me to buy it. Personal opinion :) Either way, enjoy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captivate.