h.'s Reviews > Complete Enderby: Inside Mr. Enderby, Enderby Outside, the Clockwork Testament, and Enderby's...

Complete Enderby by Anthony Burgess

U_50x66
Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: for-a-good-time, my-fives-exceptional-reads
Recommended to h. by: Someone with a great sense of humor
Recommended for: lovers of the light-hearted and the absurd
Read in January, 2000, read count: 2 or 3

Enderby is a delightful character. I'd actually forgotten all about him until landing on goodreads and starting to think seriously about what good books I've read over the years.

If you like A Hitchhiker's Guide, The Importance of Being Earnest,Bucket of Face, A Confederacy of Dunces, or any of PG Wodehouse's Bertie Wooster/Jeeves novels, I can confidently recommend Enderby.

You'll find a bit of Charles, Ignatius, Jack,and Bertie in Enderby. And you'll love all the secondary characters, too. Enderby is plagued by his own Marvin, Jeeves, Algy, and Myrna, too.

When life truly gets you down and you need something absolutely delightful to pull you up, step inside Enderby's life! (And if you do, please let me know which scene you liked the best!) I can promise you'll never feel quite the same about a cup of English Breakfast again.

Now that I've remembered him again, I'm going to order this collection --- and gasp --- pay fullprice for it --- unless I can grab it cheap before Border's closes shop. I just hope I can get it before this weekend. A bottle of cold wine and several hundred pages of excellent absurdity! Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Complete Enderby.