Donna's Reviews > The Mistress's Revenge

Aug 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read in August, 2011

Sally has a problem and her therapist thinks that "journaling" about is will help. Her problem is that after five years, Clive has ended their affair. He wants to give his marriage and family another try. But, Sally can't let it go. It didn't matter that her affair overlapped her relationship with Daniel, or that Clive was a married man with children. He left her, deserted her, and she needed resolution. She couldn't be the only one feeling this pain. So, Sally begins to ingratiate herself into Clive's family with things like going to his son's place of employment, having lunch with his wife and daughter, and using Facebook. Will Sally resolve her feelings before hurting others? What happened to Daniel? What will be the resolution to the stalking? Come read Sally's journal and find out.

I really didn't enjoy this book very much. It was creepy and I felt like I was eavesdropping on Sally's journey to losing her mind. The choices made by the adults affected the children just as it happens in real life, yet the wrong choices kept being made. Ms. Cohen definitely has a wonderful way with words and I will be watching for more of her work. This is just not the book for me. I received my free copy from her publisher, Simon and Schuster, and thank them for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mistress's Revenge.