SunnyD's Reviews > The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography

The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier

Dec 13, 07

bookshelves: bio-autobio-memoir, book-club_wms, ya-lo-tengo, carib-cuba-dr-haiti-pr
Read in December, 2007

i am cheating and listening to the audiobook, not reading this. but trust me when i tell you, reading it is not the way to go. and this comes from someone who never does audiobooks. but the book is written like it's just what SP was saying in a conversation with a ghostwriter (who would've/should've then turned around and put it into a much easier to read format!). it's hard to follow and doesn't flow.

but the audiobook is great. SP's voice is so soothing and wonderful. such lilt and timbre. i love listening to him...it's like a bedtime story. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Measure of a Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat I could listen to SP talk all day long. I was interested in knowing whether this was any good, so I might have to check out the audiobook.

Melissa Andrews What a co-inky-dink! I just started the audiobook today and I love his voice too!! :-)

Ruth I'm listening to this audiobook too, and I hardly ever listen to books (I just prefer reading them), but I am SO glad I chose to listen to this one.

Kelly I totally agree! I too am listening to the audiobook and there is no other way I would recommend reading this book. It's powerful, coming directly from Mr. Poitier's mouth.