Glynis Smy's Reviews > A Man Called Outlaw

A Man Called Outlaw by K.M. Weiland

Aug 15, 11

A Man called outlaw by K M Weiland is not normally a genre I read. Historical westerns are new to me and the author's sample and book cover caught my attention.

Set in the 1800's the story has a classic feel. There are two stories in one set thirty years apart. Strong male characters battle the elements of the cattle ranch life and personal conflicts between them add a touch of tension.

Shane Lassiter was raised as a son by Nathaniel Wilcock. A man he had grown to admire. Slowly a story of land war emerges and Lassiter finds his loyalty torn between the woman he loves and a man he considers his father. The Outlaw's story is told to us at the beginning of the book and gradually all connections fall into place.

A fast flowing story with action, morals, conflict of interests and love, also slows into a pace of easy amble; a good combination. The author K M Weiland has captured the western style well. Her descriptions of environment and characters are clear and visual. I am converted to her style of storytelling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Man Called Outlaw.