Zuzana's Reviews > Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison

Aug 22, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favorites, books-i-own
Recommended for: anyone in need of laughter, teens
Read from August 15 to 20, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

It's safe to say that Georgia is a character that I grew up with. I started reading these books when I was 11 and now I finally got to read the final. Oh, the bittersweet feelings.
Georgia hasn't changed a bit. She's still the fun, high-spirited, careless girl with cheeky plans in mind. As Gee would say: Vair vair amusant but I'm full of sadnosity that the series have come to an end. I could never ever get tired of her and the Ace Gang, pranks they try on Mr. Attwood, Jas's dimness and fringe-fiddling, Sven's crazy outfits, her mad baby sister Libby (heggy heggy ho, baaaad boyyy.) or her even madder wild Scottish cat Angus. I will always enjoy rereading these books.
For some reason, I used to prefer Robbie over Dave but I, just like Georgia, have come to my senses(ish). Dave the Laugh is perfect for her. He's the Vati. The Hornmeister. Dave the Biscuit.
HOOORRRRNNN.
And also PAAAANNTSSS.

Georgia is away on a fast camel and so is part of my growing up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?.

Quotes Zuzana Liked

Louise Rennison
“He says we should take it easy and that maybe he overreacted a bit."

Dave said, "A bit? That's like Hitler saying, 'Oooh, I just meant to go for a little walk, but then I accidentally invaded Poland.”

Louise Rennison
“Your soul shines through even if you haven't got mascara on”

Louise Rennison
“Jas, whatever Tom has under his trousers is between you and him.”

Louise Rennison
“How many times do we all have to do this? Get up, go to school, again? Before everyone admits it's a crap idea?”

Louise Rennison
“I don't know what's going on with Mum and Dad, but it's weird. Mum keeps asking Dad to do things and he keeps doing them Unfotunately, she hasn't said 'Hand over your money and make your way to Europe!”

08/16/2011 page 19