Michelle's Reviews > Shattered

Shattered by JoAnn Ross

Aug 15, 11

Read in August, 2011

** spoiler alert ** So far, I think this may be my favorite in the series. I'm not quite sure why, but I just definitely like the setup of the book. I think Shattered is a little different from the first two books in the series - because the first two books kind of dealt with serial killers that kept me guessing - while this book is more of like a hostage situation and civil unrest and a power struggle in a poor country. Though I feel as though I'd read a lot about the time that the Special Ops had in Afghanistan, I felt reading about the past in Shane's case made it a little different. Reading about their history of meeting and their instant chemistry only made their "breakup" scene that much more heartbreaking. Parts of the book were definitely predictable in the sense that you always know that the two main characters will get back together - but knowing and understanding what each of them went though, from her dealing with the heartbreak to him dealing with his amputation, shows that their characters have grown by the time they were reunited. I also really liked that I was able to get a good sense of how their "special ops" missions took place. Good story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered.