April's Reviews > French Lessons

French Lessons by Ellen Sussman

Aug 21, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read in August, 2011

I was fortunate to win this book through the Goodreads Advance Reader's Giveaway.

When I was a little girl, I used to watch my Grandma read her books in her chair with *that* smile on her face. Always one of those cheesy Fabio-covered romance novels. It wasn't until I was quite a bit older and picked up one of those books to see the words "fiery loins" and "soft flesh" that I realized, partly in horror, GRANDMA?!@#. My sweet, innocent grandma...not so much. Fabio-like romance novels read: sex, sex, sex. Hence the smile, apparently.

So as I dove into this book, I was immediately filled with the vision of my grandma and her smile. There is enough bow-chikca-wow-wow in this book to make even my grandma's smile falter. I think. I hope.

One day. Three different people. Paris: lots of lovin, or so they call it in the book. Each person meets with a French tutor to walk around Paris and learn the language. In doing so, each learns a unique lesson about love. A quick, fast, sexy read. Putting this one aside for Grandma

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read French Lessons.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Shmoopie I don't know how long it's been since the last time I declared my love for you but this review cracked me up SO MUCH I just had to make sure you know how much I adore you (and your awesome reviews)!! :)