Danielle's Reviews > The Missing

The Missing by Shiloh Walker

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, suspense, romance
Read from September 26 to 27, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. I was a little disappointed that the synopsis tells us why she and Cullen broke up to begin with. I think I would have liked not knowing from the beginning. The novel starts when the two meet in high school and works through the summers that they spent together until their break-up. Part Two, which is probably about 70% of the book, picks up just before they meet again. Finding Cullen's daughter is only the first obstacle to overcome.

I am so afraid of giving too much away in this review. I hate to include spoilers for a book that I recommend because I don't want to ruin it for anyone! Taige's personal struggles with her gift evolve and change throughout the book and the woman that we meet at the beginning of Part Two is an exhausted shell of a woman.

She continues to dream about Cullen but even in her dreams she can't let her guard down. She was so hurt by him, and yet she still loves him completely. Taige, like many romance heroines, has a hard exterior but it barely hides the vulnerability of a broken woman.

The connection between Cullen and Taige is so strong it's hard to ever believe that they won't end up together. It's hard to believe that Cullen was ever married to another woman. He even admits that he didn't love her as well because he was still in love with Taige.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing.

09/26/2011 page 221