Vanessa's Reviews > Requiem for the Devil

Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready

Aug 15, 2011

Read from April 07 to 10, 2012

This book left me speechless for about one hour, then a million of thoughts collapsed in my brain. The author didn't sugarcoated the story, there were parts where I couldn't bare to read the next sentence but at the same time couldn't read it fast enough, if you know what I mean.
For me this novel is just brilliant, like the author's other works. This one blew up my mind; it made me cry so, so much. She has an amazing ability to describe heart-ripping situations.

Louis character was addictive, because I felt like I shouldn't like him, but the thing is I love his voice, except for one or two scenes I wish I haven't read. He has to keep many things from Gianna but somehow their relationship was open and honest at least if we talked about their feelings for each other.

I wanted to devour the book in one sit but I couldn't so I wasted my sleep hours trying to separate my mind from the story, but slumber eluded me. That is how wrapped I was in the story.

And the end... was completely unexpected.

This book is not young adult and the theme is in my opinion a bit controversial but I really, really love it.
My final thought is that the author was very brave by writing this story because it may offend some people, but if you give it a chance this is definitely worth, worth reading.

A word that describe the story completely:REDEMPTION.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem for the Devil.