Natasha M.'s Reviews > The Wolf of Winter

The Wolf of Winter by Paula Volsky
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf of Winter.

08/14/2011 page 93
26.0% "This one takes place in a pseudo Russia of sorts, in the days of the czars. Oh, um, there's also necromancy. I don't even know but Varis, I don't think it wise to get high off of drugs enabling you to talk to/control dead people. Just saying, when you wake up one morning and there's blood on your hands and face, you have a problem. (I do like the Greek myth echoes with the practice of necromancy though)"
08/18/2011 page 193
54.0% "Hang on a minute--you only really introduced the heroes of the piece on page 130?? I've been trying to like Varis for 130 pages and then you give me an abundance of Shalindra? I'm feeling conflicted..."
08/21/2011 page 264
74.0% "I think I'm still hung up on the fact that I tried so hard to like Varis that now I can't help feeling sorry for the guy. And really... why do I? Ah necromancy--but at least its being used in a, dare I say it, useful way."
08/23/2011 page 315
88.0% "Oh, I wanted you to go there but I didn't think you would. Then you did. Brava, Volsky. Though I still feel bad for Varis (who sort of has the Erik-the-Phantom thing going for him minus the disfigurement of course) Sadly I think I'm bound for disappointment if the other two books I read are anything to go by. Best enjoy my vindication while it lasts."