Cina's Reviews > Eye of the Tempest

Eye of the Tempest by Nicole Peeler

Aug 14, 11

Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

Can I give it a 3.5 stars? It was good, but not as good as the first three.

I'm happy to report that this book continues to be as interesting and charming as the previous books. I was concerned in the beginning that
Jane's emotional state seemed to spike between devastated about her mother's horrible death and then extremely horny within a couple paragraphs, but then considering what she had been through in the previous book, an emotional roller-coaster wouldn't be too far-fetched. The aftermath for Iris is still striking, and I thought Ms. Peeler showed delicate skill in writing how Iris is progressing back to 'normal' after such a horrific experience. I enjoyed Blondie's involvement, and I'm impressed about her use of tattoos. We finally discover the mystery of the Sow! I knew that element had to be an important part of this series.

I'm not sure I agreed with the author that when dealing with the human inhabitants of Rockabill, and that the pat answer to explain away events was to mojo the town. Drugs in the water to explain the random mind possessions? Jane's dad never, ever had a bad heart and his medical records have been altered. Really? Maybe Rockabill is extremely green in the sense that Mr. True's medical records were only in digital form and never put to paper. But I digress into the nitpicky. This was a good book. I only hope that Ms. Peeler will account for the human element a bit better in the coming war, and that the next book will be as fun as this one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye of the Tempest.