Amanda's Reviews > Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages

Armageddon by Tim LaHaye

Aug 14, 2011

Read in August, 2011

After finishing this book in just two sittings, I have to honestly say that, unlike the other Left Behind books, I couldn't put it down. I really believe it was because this book was much more character-focused than the rest. There is actually character development going on: growth, self-sacrifice, emotion, etc. For example, I really haven't been crazy about the character Chloe throughout this series, and this is the first book that really gets into her head. I found myself appreciating her a lot more.

What I like about the Left Behind series in general is that it makes the book of Revelation easier to understand. I tried reading it years ago, but much of it went in one side of my brain and out the other, mostly because I couldn't make any logical connection between the symbolism and the impact on the earth. Left Behind, even if it isn't the best interpretation of Scripture (and I know it's not), makes it easier to understand. I also somewhat admire the way the authors are able to portray the Antichrist. I wouldn't be able to come up with someone so evil as Nicolae Carpathia. They clearly put a lot of thought behind his character.

I am looking forward to the Glorious Appearing! Finally!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armageddon.

04/11/2016 marked as: read