Andie Z's Reviews > Thou Shalt Not Road Trip

Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John

4820527
Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, 2012-ya-contemporary-challenge, arc-tour, road-trips-and-travel, arc, read-2012, reviewed, male-narrator
Read from February 09 to 12, 2012, read count: 1

Originally posted on my blog, From A to Z.

I’m not really sure exactly how to review this one. I actually went back and forth about whether I should even write a review or not, but I decided to at least put some thoughts down.

It’s not that this was a bad book, by any means. It’s just that it wasn’t really for me, mainly because the story has much more of a Christian slant than I had realized. There were hints in the title and the blurb, but since I hadn’t seen it marketed as Christian fiction anywhere I just didn’t realize how large a role it would play. I generally tend to stay away from faith-based books, simply because they're not really my thing.

However, now that that’s said, the story itself is well-written and I did enjoy reading it. I love road trip books, and it was fun watching them explore Route 66, especially with Matt’s unexpected detours. The locations are wonderfully described and it definitely intensified my ever-present wanderlust. I felt like the growth of the characters throughout the novel was also done really well. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip has a very unique and colorful cast, and I was intrigued by their personal journeys even if I didn’t really personally identify with any of them.

If you enjoy books that have more of a religious slant to them, I’d definitely recommend Thou Shalt Not Road Trip. Overall it was just an okay read for me, but I don’t think I’m necessarily the intended audience for this kind of story to begin with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thou Shalt Not Road Trip.

02/11/2012 page 127