Patricia Kemp Blackmon's Reviews > The Rose of Winslow Street

The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: bethany-house-review-copy
Read from February 26 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

Michael aka Mikhail Dobrescu flees his homeland in Romania to claim his inheritance in the Colden, Massachusetts. He could care less that the has is inhabited. It is very apparent that someone is living in the house and has been for some time.

Michael has his two young sons in tow along with his sister, Lady Mirela. He is also in company with two hulking men, as is he, Turk and Joseph, that seem to be providing protection for the Michael's family.

Libby Sawyer and her father, Professor Sawyer whom are away on vacation with Libby's brother,Jasper, his wife, Regina and their daughter, Tillie. Libby is completely unaware that there are squatters have inhabited her home. When the Professor Sawyer is notified about the squatters and the demand from Michael that it his rightful inheritance the Professor is advised to send Libby to talk with Michael as to what proof he has as to the ownership of the estate.

Libby finds a brute of a man along with a couple very large guards. But after visiting the at the house she became aware that Michael's sister was ill and his two son's were being bullied by the town's children. It was also apparent that the town had ostracized the new family in their town, refusing to sell them food or supplies. Libby found this appalling and took Michael's son's to town letting the local's know that they were not helping her family by refusing food and supplies to the Dobrescu.

Not to disappoint the readers but there seems to be an attraction between Michael and Libby even though they were not sure they could trust each other. It is evident that with the ongoing legal battle over the house one of the families were going to be homeless. Can they put the legal battle aside and pray that God will provide for the families. What is God's will in this case of who will obtain legal ownership of the estate.

I enjoyed this story so very much. It was difficult to know who was going to win the ownership of the estate.
The attitude and demeanor of Libby's father brought him off as emotional abusive to his daughter favoring his precious son over his daughter.

The author has outdone herself with this book. The characters were a hodge podge mix of people. The author provides my twist and turns in this story that are somewhat unexpected. You will not want to put this book down. It is one of those all nighters. Fix you a pot of coffee curl up by the fire and enjoy.

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book a 5 out of five.

Disclosure

I was provided a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishing for review. I was in no way compensated for this review, it is my own opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose of Winslow Street.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Patricia Kemp Blackmon Win a copy of this book on my blog. ENDS 3/11

The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

message 2: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Q I entered! This sounds good and different!

Beth I entered, Patricia! :) Here's hoping that I win, this book sounds fabulous!