P00ks's Reviews > The Stolen Moon of Londor

The Stolen Moon of Londor by A.P. Stephens

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: kindle
Read in August, 2011

The Stolen Moon of Londor is the start of your typical epic fantasy story, yet with the potential to be more. To summarize with a broad stroke: A band of heroes gather, by choice or just swept up by the flow, and set out to find the stolen moon before their magical powers, and the world, comes to an end. Along the way they discover that the task before them is greater than simply finding a thief and reclaiming the moon.

The characters themselves are very set in their ways, fact that is repeated often and leaves little room for true growth. Would have been nice to see some take more of a role in the story, but this is only book 1 and there is hope this will change within the next books. The story is fast paced and bounces from action scene to another. A lot has already happened in the first book, though if there are still 2 books left, it seems that a whole lot more is going to happen.

This is not a bad book by any regards, but not a great one either. It reads easy, thought it is easy to get distracted. Some of the wording seemed forced, but it doesn't detract from the story. It's only the beginning of a story, and it made me curious to know more, and that's always a good sign.

Overall, I will get the second and third book of the series, but it is not yet at the top of my list.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stolen Moon of Londor.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

A.P. Stephens I appreciate the review and I hope that you will continue on with the story in Shameless Wonders. Book II really opens the story up and characters are further developed. I plan on going back into TSMoL one day soon and adding more to the story as well as the characters in Book I. Cheers. :)

P00ks Oh, I will definitely continue it! And I look forward to learning more about the characters, I'm especially curious about that little dwarf. I don't know why, but I really like him... :)

A.P. Stephens Thanks. :) Lorn does seem to be a favorite.