Lynsey's Reviews > Rising Tides

Rising Tides by Nora Roberts

Aug 14, 2011

bookshelves: romance-contemp, theme-hero-i-want-to-marry, theme-heroine-i-love, tone-steamy, favourites-romance
Read from October 05 to 06, 2011

Just incredible and I absolutely LOVED it!

The general consensus seems to be that this book isn't as good as the first one, but I have to say I disagree because I totally loved it. I liked the first one a lot but this one really got me.

Our hero Ethan had such an awful past that I really felt my heart breaking for him. I agree with Grace he IS very stupid, but his stupidity is the result of the very best of intentions. Yes, he hurt our poor heroine but I think he honestly didn't see another way around it.

Grace was such a lovely, warm and strong character that I completely fell for her and I loved her even more when she found her back bone towards the end of the book. When she was jabbing Ethan in the chest giving him what for, I was beside myself with excitement and absolute adoration for her! And when Anna had her turn too I LOVED IT!!

Ethan and Grace were incredible characters. In the beginning you think because they are quiet and unassuming, that they are simple and uninteresting characters when in fact they were so much more than that. They were both very deep, emotional and complex characters. I was overjoyed to find that once that fire gets lit beneath either one of them you'd better run for the hills!

Spending more time with all of the characters and watching Seth settle in and become more and more confident was wonderful. Seth's obnoxiousness is a sure sign that he is growing to be a normal ten year old! I can't wait to see what sort of man he grows into.

Nora Roberts writing is so smooth, funny and unbelievably easy to read that you just drink her books in without any effort whatsoever. Her characters are incredible. They are real and far from perfect but watching them change and grow is really addictive. I now see why this writer is so incredibly prolific and successful.

This series has completely sucked me in!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rising Tides.

valee Wow, amazing review! There could have not been any better words to describe how I feel about this author. Loved the review!!!

Lynsey Hi Vale! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. She's just so amazing isn't she? I loved this series and I can't wait to get started on some more Nora Roberts. I hope you enjoy Ethan's story, it's my fav of the series.

valee Can't wait. I'll let you know what I think once I read it!