Jessica's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: arc, i-own, read-in-2011
Read from December 08 to 09, 2011

A million stars! This is my favorite series, hands down. If Jennifer wrote articles about ants I'd read it. She's just THAT good!

--FULL REVIEW--

What can I possibly say about this book that won't just make me just sound like a raving fan-girl? Hmm...not sure if it's possible to NOT sound that way. Jennifer L. Armentrout simply blows my mind, rocks my world, and makes me question my sanity. I feel like I'm transported into another world whenever I pick up one of her books. Half-Blood was more than I could have ever imagined so I was on pins and needles waiting for Pure. It did not disappoint!

I will try to avoid spoilers. I will start by saying that Alex is one of the best, most kick-butt, amazingly genuine heroines of YA literature. Her courage, determination, and strength is beyond comprehension. She has been through so much but she remains herself through it all. She is what really makes this series shine. Although she may have a life and destiny we may not be able to imagine, there is so much about her we can relate to. In many ways, she is just a young girl trying to find her place. But, what makes it even better is that her feisty personality lets everyone know she is not to be messed with.

Then we have Aiden. Oh poor, sweet, hunk of a man Aiden. Aiden can be intense, but Alex is always able to get to his soft side -- rather he likes it or not. Seeing his reactions to Alex is always entertaining.

Now, we have Seth. Much, much, more Seth in this book! Seth can be infuriating but he is one of those guys people may act like they hate, but they would miss him if he wasn't around. I think that's something Alex realizes as well. We get much more of a build-up in the relationship between Alex and Seth, which was super nice! I have been a Seth fan since the beginning so I was eager to see where Jennifer went with this relationship.

I gotta say, I cracked up so many times during this book. I seemed to either be laughing, blushing, crying, or gasping during most of it. Yes, there was lots of blushing! Jennifer knows how to write steamy scenes. The connections between Alex and Aiden, and Alex and Seth, were so surprisingly different but they each felt honest and real. That can be a hard task for writers to achieve but Jennifer did this to perfection.

Next, the plot. I won't go into too much detail but I will just say that we get a lot more action and information about the inner-workings of the council. There are a ton of twists and turns going on and unexplained daimon attacks. All of that is combined with the frictions among the Pures and half-bloods. So to summarize, we have more action, drama, suspense, and romance...could we even handle any more?!

Jennifer L. Armentrout is the new hero of young adult novels. She is able to flawlessly create a world that is visually appealing, with compelling characters and a action-packed plot that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

Recommended: EVERYONE. You don't have to be a paranormal fan to love this series. If you want something that will rock your world, pick up Half-Blood and Pure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

12/09/2011 page 224
68.0% "Love..love..love!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer What is this series about?!

Sarah Denier Love, love, love this series. Your review hit it spot on. Can't wait for #3.