Jess's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012-gelesen, lieblinge, bücherregal, signiert
Read from January 13 to 15, 2012

thank you john green.
thank you for yet another impressive work of yours and thank you for writing this book.
I think this is your best one yet.

I'm still shaking and crying and thinking and still not beeing able to fully grasp it.
it's one of those books with these amazing characters that just suck you in because they're so lovely. I don't possibly know where to start, and so many others said it much better before, so I just don't write a review at all. this book should speak for itself.

this story is so sad yet beautiful, leaving you hanging and thinking in the end, yet satisfied and fulfilled.

I am so happy to have read this book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Quotes Jess Liked

John Green
“There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”

John Green
“I hadn’t been in proper school in three years. My parents were my two best friends. My third best friend was an author who did not know I existed.”

John Green
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”

John Green
“Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.”

John Green
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal”

John Green
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

John Green
“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.

"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”

John Green
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”

John Green
“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

01/13/2012 page 1
0.0% "starting my 9th book and it's totally crini's fault..." 1 comment
01/13/2012 page 38
12.0% "the first tears where shed and I need my page markers (sooo many amazing quotes)" 2 comments
01/13/2012 page 74
24.0% "dang it! so many good praise for this book! I need to keep reading! <3"
01/13/2012 page 130
42.0% "did a short break to catch up with a view shows, but now I'm back to hazel and Augustus <3"
01/15/2012 page 313
100.0% "*turns last page still sobbing*"
show 1 hidden update…