Heidi's Reviews > Through My Eyes

Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow

Aug 17, 11

Read from August 14 to 17, 2011

I am a born and raised Gator fan. None of my immediate family ever attended the University of Florida, but we do have extended family members that are alumni. While I've always been a fan of the Gators, I think it's safe to say Tebow made me love them even more. Through My Eyes gives you such an in depth look at who he is and how he became that person that you almost feel like you've known him forever. There were some funny moments, some sad moments, and some moments that actually had me looking at myself. Tebow has such a passion and drive for everything he does in life. He is such an intense person, and I've got to admit, sometimes I just found myself thinking 'woah,' because there are things that happen, or things that might've been said that you wouldn't necessarily think. But then, it all just makes so much sense. Basically, if you're going to do something, give your all to it. Don't be lazy about it and don't quit. See it through. While it's a simple enough concept, and not one that anyone needs to read from a book to understand, or at least know, it's something that's really impacted the way I want to be in my life, for the rest of my life. Unless you're a trust fund kid, or you marry into money, nobody who has something today got anywhere by sitting on their butt, or only putting forth 80%.
As most people know, Tebow is a Christian. He has never tried to hide that fact in anything he's done, and this book certainly isn't an exception. It's nice to see someone who is as popular as he is using his place in the spotlight to share the word of God. In today's society, that's a rare thing to find from 'role models.'
I realize this isn't a book that fans of other teams are ever going to want to read. I personally don't blame you. I would never pick up a book from anyone from FSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, etc. But, it is a good book chronicling the past 26 years of his life. And even though I would never support another team, there are interactions that he's had with coaches from other teams that make you realize that the other team's coach isn't that much of a jerk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through My Eyes.