Genevieve Graham's Reviews > Under the Same Sky

Under the Same Sky by Genevieve Graham

This is my debut novel, so I hope it's not wrong of me to post on here about it, but I wanted to let potential readers know a bit about the book.

I began writing "Under the Same Sky" while I waited for Diana Gabaldon's next instalment, needing to fill those lonely places that opened up when I didn't have one of her books in front of me! So while "Under the Same Sky" is an adventure, and a historical romance, don't be fooled by the cover photo. There is nothing "Regency" or glamorous about my book. It is gritty, real, heartbreaking and thrilling.

The story is set in the 1740's and focuses on Maggie Johnson, a girl with "the Sight" who lives in the Carolinas with her very poor family. It also focuses on Scottish Highlander, Andrew MacDonnell. The two known each other as well as they know themselves, having dreamed of each other since childhood. They see each other's thoughts, channel their energies to one another, sometimes can even rescue each other from danger and death. When Andrew leaves Scotland after his country is devastated in the Battle of Culloden, he must journey across the Highlands, the Atlantic, and the vast colonies to find the woman he has always loved. Maggie survives a horrific trauma and is rescued from white slavers by the Cherokee, who take her in and encourage her Gift. But the 18th century was an unkind time, especially for women, and Maggie is forced to defend herself once again, this time with dire consequences. Will Andrew reach her in time? Will they ever touch beyond dreams?

I hope you enjoy "Under the Same Sky". It is being published in January 2012 by Berkley/Penguin US.
18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Same Sky.

Alicia Sounds interesting! I have added it to my "to read" list. Congrats on your debut novel! :)

Genevieve Graham Alicia wrote: "Sounds interesting! I have added it to my "to read" list. Congrats on your debut novel! :)"

Thanks so much, Alicia. I hope you enjoy it. :D

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Cunningham It's fantastic!

Genevieve Graham Cat wrote: "It's fantastic!"

Thanks, Cat! So glad you enjoyed it!

Crone Loved this book.

Paige I just finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it! I will be starting Dougal's story next!

Alicia I just finished this. I loved it! My eyes almost leaked quite a few times. I have the second book here... Starting it now :D