djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket's Reviews > Pravus

Pravus by Ema Arius

Oct 01, 11

bookshelves: rip-up-and-start-over
Read from September 29 to October 01, 2011

Ok so I totally thought this book was going to be good just reading the initial reviews and the quick synopsis on the back. Man, what a let down this was for my October reading frenzy.

Let's start with I absolutely hate the writing style in this book. The story took off immediately as though I knew the characters and I was thrown into a story line that made no sense. Then not even 30 pages into the book people are dying left and right with no explanation, (main character) Marie has fallen for the "evil one" Damian, and I still haven't grasped the plot. Ok I should probably elaborate more on the Marie and evil guy part. Can anyone explain to me how you meet someone (who turns out to be a stalker and liar) and despite the fact that he's killing everyone insight including your best friend, you have time to notice that he's attractive and you want to get to know him better, you even think (immediately) that you all have something special. There was absolutely no build up for any of the drama in the book. I couldn't even connect with the people until the book was nearly finished. After pushing myself halfway through the book (because I was determined to finish hoping it would get better) the author begins jumping from one character point of view to another even if they're in different scenes, which of course makes the reader feel lost ( or like I had ADD reading this). I finally got to the part for why Damian "the evil one" was killing everyone but I still couldn't understand Marie and her silly choices for wanting to be with him. Their love story should have been build upon a lot better than it was.

In all I never connected with the main character or any of the characters for that matter. However, the story line did to get better and I'm somewhat interested to find out what will happen next. Maybe I can get the cliff notes version, because I would not recommend anyone reading this book.

(Sorry Liz)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pravus.

10/01/2011 page 181

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Monica Can anyone explain to me how you meet someone (who turns out to be a stalker and liar) and despite the fact that he's killing everyone insight including your best friend, you have time to notice that he's attractive and you want to get to know him better, you even think (immediately) that you all have something special. Because it isn't a man she's falling in love with. Throughout the book there are supernatural underlying hints that her mind is getting swayed some how. They're demons. They're doing things without reason or care because they can. I believe that was the whole point of it. They want to appear and be so heartless but within their own interactions and his with Marie it shows they do have feelings.