Amy's Reviews > The Book of Luke

The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell

Aug 14, 11

Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

Nothing really stood out in this book to make me like it. It took over 100 pages to get the story moving. And while most people didn't care for Emily the MC, I couldn't understand what she saw in Luke. Not my idea of a "catch". I gave The Book of Luke two stars instead of the one it deserved because of the "Guy's GuideTips" that were at the beginning of each chapter. For instance:
Tip #14
Do not blame my tone of voice, my lack of patience, or my bad mood on PMS. It's not my period that's my problem. More likely, it's you.

Tip #89
It's called a cold. We've all had one. Take some DayQuil and get over it.

Tip #100
There are only two places women really wear thong bikinis-Brazil and music videos. The last time I checked, we weren't in Rio, and you weren't the king of hip hop.

I'm sure we all as women can appreciate these.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Luke.

Quotes Amy Liked

Jenny O'Connell
“I guess relationships are just funny like that. It's impossible to figure out why some work out and others don't. Why someone can be so imperfect and still be the perfect person for you. Maybe, in the end, it's not about changing the person you care about. Maybe it's about learning what you can live with. Or maybe it's really about learning what you can't live without.”
Jenny O'Connell, The Book of Luke