Heidi's Reviews > The Expected One

The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan

Aug 17, 11

Read in August, 2011

I picked up The Expected One after reading over the synopsis for The Book of Love and learning that it was a part of a series. I don't really know what I was expecting going into this new series. I've always been into books that deal with religion, history, and controversy. Plus, being a fan of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, I wanted to see what this book all about Mary Magdalene and Jesus was all about.

With every page I read, I became a bigger fan of McGowan. I like her style of writing; how she brings you on this emotional journey through Maureen. I also enjoyed the biblical history. It also made me a little angry that it's not a book that I can necessarily share with certain other people in my life because of the fact that the idea that Mary and Jesus were married and had children is a horrible thought to so many people. I'm not necessarily saying I believe that to be the case, but I am open minded enough to say it's possible, and why would that be such a bad thing? I've really felt that way since The Da Vinci Code, but The Expected One really solidified that view point for me.

I think it's a great book, and though I've only read The Expected One and The Book of Love so far, it's been one of my favorite series to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Expected One.