Lily's Reviews > One Year Gone

One Year Gone by Rebecca Dessertine

Aug 13, 11

Supernatural one year gone by Rebecca Dessertine
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

Dean believes that Sam is in Hell so he is trying to keep his promise to his brother and live a normal live with Lisa and Ben. When he realizes that a spell in the Necronomicon could raise Lucifer and therefore Sam, he convinces his new family to travel with him on vacation to Salem.
Meanwhile Sam is not as far away as Dean thinks and is determined to protect his brother from the Salem witches...
A Supernatural novel that reveals the untold events of the missing year between seasons 5 and 6!
(Synopsis provided by goodreads)

The Winchester boys, the Salem witch trials what's not to love? Well, for me I didn't love this book. I thought it was okay. The premise was great, but it fell a bit flat for me. I am a huge fan of the show. I love me some Dean! In this book, I thought Dean was a little out of character. Lisa, drove me nuts she was a bit to whiny in this for me, which is odd, I love her character in the show.
The author is the personal assistant to the Kripe who is the creator of the show, so I thought this book would be nothing less then amazing. But alas, it was.
Besides Dean being ooc, my biggest problem with the book was the fact that it jumped around too much. We get thrown back in time at various points in the book, but we are never told we are being thrown back, we are just meant to figure it out by the characters in that chapter.For me this was very confusing.
Aside from all that I felt the writing was strong and I liked the ending. I felt it wrapped up nicely.

* Mass Market Paperback: 320 pages
* Publisher: Titan Books (May 24, 2011)
* Author: Rebecca Dessertine
* Cover art: I like the edition of the hanging tree
* Rating *** out of 5 stars
* Obtained: My personal bookshelf

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Year Gone.