Marci's Reviews > The Beekeeper's Lament: How One Man and Half a Billion Honey Bees Help Feed America

The Beekeeper's Lament by Hannah Nordhaus

F_50x66
Aug 13, 11

Read in August, 2011

Oh, I really loved this book. I was tickled when I found out that the main beekeeper quoted throughout the book was a Mormon and I was thrilled with the insights he had into beekeeping. Ms. Nordhaus did a great job of finding interesting information to share and of simplifying loads of information into something worth reading. I have to admit that half-way through the book I was on the point of tears and told my husband, "The world is so screwed up with all the wars, riots, starving children, etc.. and now the bees are dying! It's all so sad!" Luckily I was cheered by the end of the book and am hopeful for the future of bees. I am also dying to try citrus honey now that I've heard it exists! The one complaint I have has to do with the author's chapter lay-out. I was a bit confused at why the text started where it did and how each chapter fit with the one before and after. All in all, great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beekeeper's Lament.