Amber Delaine's Reviews > Everywhere Babies

Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers

Aug 13, 11

We love this book! I'm all about teaching diversity and this book has it! The illustrations are detailed and incredibly beautiful, so it makes a fun seek-and-find game with littler kids as well.

Everywhere Babies shows diversity in babies and how they are cared for and loved by their families. There are babies in slings, cribs, cradles, carriers, backpacks, arms, car seats and bucket carriers. There are babies being breastfed and babies fed with bottles and baby food.

Even the families are diverse. There are ethnic families, multi-ethnic families and same-sex couples. An interracial lesbian couple are shown sleeping in bed with a baby beside them in a cradle. There is also what appears to be a gay couple walking down the street, but they don't seem to have a child with them, so they could just be best buddies with an arm around each other.

I really love this book and it reinforces what I try to teach my daughter every day: that we are all different and that no matter how a baby is cared for, it is loved! Definitely one for our personal bookshelf.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everywhere Babies.