Mary's Reviews > From Vegas with Blood

Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

My rating:
3.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
They say that a new light shines in Las Vegas for every person who visits. But unlike the countless millions who visited Sin City this year, today you decided to be part of the 'what happens' that 'stays'.
After exploring the lights, you find a job as a salesperson at a kiosk on the Strip.
It's your first night and Daniela is your trainer. She seems friendly providing you with the secrets on living and working in Sin City, but she possesses a quality that you can't place. After quickly learning the job, Daniela gives you a special book containing eleven stories of love, mystery, and suspense-this book.
As you read these stories, you begin to realize this book, Daniela, and the lights of Las Vegas are not what you imagined!
Will your Vegas light shine Blood Red?

My thoughts:
The stories in this collection are so complete different from each other that I guess everybody will like at least one story in this book.

So why only 3.5 stars? - Because the different type of stories appear wildly thrown together and don't really fit together. You get thrown from one really sweet and sad story to another one where you think "ick"... and back. A wild ride that others may enjoy.

I really liked a few of the stories - and would rate them with 5 stars - others in this book only with 2 stars. But I guess that's just the way it is when you're reading a short story collection... you won't love every story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Vegas with Blood.