Anas Attic Book Blog's Reviews > Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story

Sheet Music by Ann Lister

Aug 13, 2011

bookshelves: rock-stars-bad-boys
Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

An all consuming roller-coaster ride!!!

I find this book hard to review. On one hand, it was a long, juicy book where so much happened, it could have been a 3 book series. I couldn't put it down, and had difficulty squeezing any sleep in because I was dreaming about this book. I loved it overall.

If you are looking for a light, steamy, feel-good love story, this isn't it. I found myself so angry at the stupidity of the characters to let things get so far out of hand. I wanted to throw my phone (reading on the kindle app) a few times. I found myself wondering if there would be, or should be, a HEA for the couple. I found Annie to be a bit of a shrew who over reacted to everything and never gave Michael a chance--and he made it worse by not fighting hard enough. I think that there was a little too much focus on the rough patches the couple went through, and not enough of the good times to make you really want to root for them.

That being said, the fact that I couldn't put it down and was so engrossed in the book for 2 days I did nothing but read makes it a worthwhile read in my eyes!! It was a complete roller coaster--just when you think it's getting great, the bottom drops again. I do recommend, but expect a ride! I look forward to reading another by the author.

*****one really bad thing, that should make me take away another star is the author's extensive misuse of the word "smelt" which is melting metal from ore....she should use the word smelled. This didn't happen just once but ELEVEN TIMES!!!!!!!*********

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sheet Music.

08/13/2011 page 192
38.0% "Can't put it down. So much has happened in 192 pages....."
08/14/2011 page 452
88.0% "Had to stop because I was tearing up too much to read. What a roller coaster!"
03/30/2016 marked as: read