Misty's Reviews > Dark Inside

Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts

Aug 13, 2011

bookshelves: recieved-for-review, own
Read from August 29 to 30, 2011

This book really dives into the action and had me on the edge of my seat, heart racing, from start to finish. It really makes your think about kind of person you'd be if the world was in an apocalyptic disarray and what you'd do to survive, as it follows four different characters on their journeys.

The book isn't sugar-coated either, terrible things happen that I didn't guess that made it feel realistic and though I suspect a supernatural element to 'the baggers' I think it really shows people can turn into monsters.

I really enjoyed all of the characters but i'd say Aries was a favourite, after surviving an horrific bus crash she becomes a great leader for her little group and does things even though she's terrified. I also liked the dark side of Mason, it was really interesting that we also got to read about someone who was slightly affected by the darkness that has turned most people into vicious killers.

The only problem I had was about a quarter way in everyone was left on a little cliffhanger and then it suddenly skipped ahead three weeks and there was no explanation as to how they got out of their situations.

It was really great as the four stories eventually bled together and though it ended with lots of questions it still ended well and I can't wait for the second instalment for the answers and to see where they all go next.

Favourite quotes:

"The nothingness. No fire trucks, ambulances, police cars. No people, cars, steroes, televisions, computers. All the things we use to replace the silence of loneliness. All the distractions we buy that fill up the empty voids inside our souls. It's all gone." - Daniel

'London, England, has riots that stain the cobblestones redder than anything Jack the Ripper ever dreamed of.'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Inside.

08/30/2011 page 104