Kay Curtiss's Reviews > 101 Gourmet Cake Bites: For All Occasions

101 Gourmet Cake Bites by Wendy Paul

Aug 13, 11

Read from July 29 to August 08, 2011

I love to cook and I've had fun with 101 Gourmet Cake Bites by Wendy Paul. The first batch I made was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake Bites, on page 31. I was visiting my sister and my 5 nephews were very excited to be my "testers". I got between 60-70 cake bites from 1 mix and they devoured that batch in 1 afternoon (I was able to salvage 8 to take to the office the next day). I then showed my cousin how to make them with the Pralines and Cream Cake Bites on page 68. We made these as cake pops and I found it easier to put the stick in right after they were dipped. I also made these bigger and they were very rich. I think I like the smaller bites better.

When I got home from the LDS Booksellers Convention, I tried the Southern Red Velvet Cake Bites on page 75 so my husband and in-laws could try them. Every recipe I tried was a hit with those that ate them.

Wendy's instructions are easy to follow - so your kids or grand-kids can help with the fun. You get into a rhythm when making them so they make up pretty quickly. Wendy gives you lots of icing recipes in the back to use in the cake bite recipes. For 2 batches of them that I tried, I "cheated" and bought ready-made frosting and it worked fine.

They freeze great - both as cake balls to dip and completed dipped cake bites.

These are definitely on my list for holiday gift giving this year. Once you try them, I think they will be on yours too!

You can read my full review on my blog - http://ldsretailers.blogspot.com/2011...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 101 Gourmet Cake Bites.