Sheila's Reviews > Alone in the Classroom

Alone in the Classroom by Elizabeth Hay

F_50x66
Aug 13, 11

Read in August, 2011

I was disappointed in this book. I found it confusing as it jumps around. The explanation of different characters, who they are and what they are thinking did not make sense in several parts of the book. I really don't know where the title comes from. The main character only taught for 2 years in a small town in Sask. Even toward the end, when her niece is visiting her, she has another visitor, a woman whom she taught years ago. Connie, the main character is now 72 and tells her neice, she is worried about the other woman. She does not believe the woman has the skills to prevent her from falling into a relationship with the wrong man. The woman she is talking about has to be in her 60's. Why would she be worried at this point??? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There is little depth to the characters, we don't really have a good idea what Connie has done for most of her life and then her niece is introduced. I didn't finish the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alone in the Classroom.