Helen's Reviews > Tempest Child

Tempest Child by Laura Eno

Aug 13, 11

Read in August, 2011

Tempest Child is the sixth book by Laura Eno. My guess is that the genre of this book is fantasy, but I would label it paranormal-romance-fantasy-kick butt.

Princess Skyla, the protagonist of Tempest Child, is no shrinking violet. She’s been training all her life to fight for her kingdom. She’s been training to become Queen. At 17, she’s at the age when her father is about to marry her off. His idea of a husband is different from hers, but it’s not like she’s had time to find love on her own. All that goes by the wayside when the Kingdom is suddenly in danger and it’s up to Skyla to save it.

And that is where the kicking butt comes in.

It used to be that I read primarily mystery and thriller, not fantasy. Laura Eno has turned me into a fantasy reader. Her characters are multi-dimensional and different from each other (you won’t get them confused!) and her worlds are complex and well thought out. In Tempest Child there are five worlds, counting Skyla’s home. Each is totally different. Each is dangerous. Each could kill her.

I’ve read and reviewed two other books by Laura Eno: Don’t Fall Asleep and Prophecy Moon. I recommended both. And I recommend this one. I wouldn’t mind reading more adventures with Skyla. I give Tempest Child by Laura Eno a rating of Hel-of-a-World because she’s created not one, but five, fabulous worlds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Child.