Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > Surrender

Surrender by Lee Nichols

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: for-review, from-publishers, ya-paranormal-romance
Read from April 15 to 17, 2012

I’ve been a huge fan of Lee Nichols’s Haunting Emma series since the start and I have to say, finishing this book – Surrender; which is the third and final book in the series, was a sad moment for me because, even though this book was so, so good I’m still not ready to leave these characters behind but of course, Lee Nichols’s ends it with a bang and it was PURE-AWESOME!

This time around we see Emma and the gang trying to deal with the aftermath after the battle at the Knell; the ghost-keepers headquarters in New York. Everyone is unsure of what to do next and people are more afraid then ever. But Emma is more determined then ever to banish Neos forever. To do that, she needs to allocate his ashes which are hidden in Thatcher Academy somewhere and she really needs the help from her friends more than ever but that’s easier said than done. Bennett’s parents arrive home and kick him out when they realise he is still addicted to a drug that enhances his powers and Emma’s friends are all wrapped up in their own problem. But Neos won’t wait forever….and soon the fight it bought to them. Can Emma defeat Neos once and for all? And can she save the one she loves the most before he destroys himself?

Surrender is a fantastic finale! Lee Nichols’s definitely left this series on a high note and I have to say it’s definitely my favourite out of all three books. From start to end, it’s fast paced, exciting and full of danger. And of course, the romance is hotter than EVER! And this is why I loved this story so much because we got to see Emma and Bennett really be a couple. Their scenes with each other was so sweet and beautiful and yes, they do have their up’s and down’s but it’s nothing they can’t overcome together.
I adore all the characters especially Emma, Bennett, Lukas and Harry but I’m glad to see they all go the ending they deserved. I have to say, even Bennett’s parents grew on me and I was glad we got to get to know Emma’s brother too.

Overall, Surrender did not disappoint at all and if you’re looking for a spooky ghost story, full of laughs and romance then this is the series for you. Highly recommended!

A huge thank you Bloomsbury UK for giving me the opportunity to review this book
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.

04/16/2012 page 3
04/17/2012 page 99
38.0% 4 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

SJH (A Dream of Books) I love this series too! I really enjoyed the concluding book and was so glad that Emma and Bennett got the ending they deserved.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Me too hun. It was good but I still think there could been more books written but I'm glad the author went on a high note rather than dragging it out =)

message 3: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn I totally agree with everything you said. I do wish she would write
another book!