Jenna Howard's Reviews > Bloodlust

Bloodlust by Michelle Rowen

Aug 12, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance

So...I didn't hate this book. I haven't read the first one yet but there was all this back story to fill in the blanks. Always nice that you don't have to read the first book to know what's happening.

This was so close to being a 4 (seriously Goodreads...1/2 stars) that I hate to give it three but the problems I had I couldn't really ignore.

And that landed firmly in the laps of Jillian and Declan. Jillian because she somehow managed to ignore the wants and wishes of everyone she cares about because of selfish reasons. Oooh you don't want so and so to die? Cry me a bloody tear. And Declan because he put up with her shit. Repeatedly. I just wanted to say "Dude...walk away. Just keep walking away." But he kept coming back like some masochist. I almost felt like they deserved each other by the end and not in a "yay they're in love" kind of way but in a "I wash my hands of you two" way. And I found the solution to their big ending moment was...lacking. I mean...how...how did he survive?

But then there's Matthias. Ooooh. I like him. I like that he's conniving. I like that he's a bit of a puppet master. I like that he makes no apologies for what he is. And sorry but that bathroom scene? Hot. How disappointed was I when it didn't go my way. Harrumph.

I never really got a feeling of the characters descriptions or even where this took place. And it felt like that was kinda, almost on purpose so they could be anywhere, in any city. I like that.

I'll probably read the first book for some more Matthias goodness. It's hard to resist the big bad vampires...how Jillian could...*shakes head*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlust.