Victoria's Reviews > The Millionaire's Runaway Bride

The Millionaire's Runaway Bride by Catherine George

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: harlequin, contemporary-romance, good-but-not-great, not-bad-but-not-good
Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

This was an average book. I mean, there wasn't anything really special in it. It wasn't wonderful but it was a read to pass time.

What I really liked about the book is that Jack didn't try to overwhelm Kate but instead, he took his time to win back her heart. To me, that was really sweet of him, instead of just going real strong into their relationship and spoiling everything.

However, I did feel that in some parts, the storyline wasn't that convincing to me. I mean, what are the chances of meeting the man you were once engaged to at a party he wasn't even invited too? Instead, he was asked to go by someone who wasn't even the host of the party!

Also, I felt that the author didn't cover the part about Lucy lusting after Jack. I mean, it would be nice to see how Jack handled it or after their marriage, how Kate would tell Lucy to back off.

But I must say that the last part gave me a real surprise, one I certainly wasn't expecting. (view spoiler) I mean there was completely no clue throughout the book that such a thing would have happened. For that slight twist at the end, I must say it made me sit up.

All in all, this was just an average book. Worth reading only if you have nothing much more interesting to read. Unless you're those kind that like the guy to be really patient and all. And of course, this book was a little dry at parts. But it was still alright! Not bad, but not fantastic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Millionaire's Runaway Bride.

08/13/2011 page 27
14.0% "its something different!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyp (new)

Cyp Dude, you've just finished a book.. You're scaring me.. Slow down!

Victoria haha i didnt really read it, just a few pages!