John Egbert's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Aug 12, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, why-do-i-want-to-read-this

Yes, I actually want to read this. Yes, I am a masochistic fool. However, that doesn't mean that A)I will actually be buying this book and B)THIS CHANGES NOTHING, NOTHING!!!

Anyone who says otherwise I will track down and exterminate, Dalek style! THIISSSS CHANGESSS NOTHINGGGG!!! So what, I'm maybe a little addicted to the series because of it's addictive awfulness--but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

God. I can't believe I actually want to read this. Cillian, if you're looking at this you're probably thinking "After all this bitch talked, she has the NERVE...!" but, trust me, this isn't of my own accord. If I had a say in the matter, I'd be more interested in reading Charles Dickens or my algebra text book, but nooooooo says me, I have to want to read The City of Lost Souls. Bleh. I hate myself sometimes.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

02/23 marked as: to-read

Spider the Doof Warrior Another one? Plus... that title. I think it's the name of a weird french movie.

message 2: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Yep. And I know that movie! The one about the kids and that guy and the dreams, right? Maybe that was vague, but hey.

Most of her titles (being the only things I like about the books, besides Alec and Maia) come from other places, so that's not surprising. The Mortal Instruments itself is the name of another book/series/whatever.

Jules I really hate the series but I love the series contradiction right?

message 4: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Hmm, not really lol

You hate the series...but you love the series! That's not a contradic-....hmm, actually it kind of is XD

Love your name btw.

message 5: by P. (new)

P. "So what, I'm maybe a little addicted to the series because of it's addictive awfulness--but that doesn't mean I have to like it."

You're still in the Clare Hater club, right?
Because if you're not...
*sharpens sword*
*picks up pitchfork*

message 6: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert OF COURSE I'M STILL IN THE CLARE HATER CLUB.

DON'T BE SILLY.

I'd sharpen my own swords and pitchforks if I wasn't!

message 7: by P. (new)

P. Oh, good, good.
*shoves Roy Mustang back into the closet*

message 8: by John (last edited Oct 02, 2011 02:42PM) (new) - added it

John Egbert Don't shove him in the closet! He's adorable! (Where did that come from? Was I even thinking when I typed that? AND WHAT DOES BEING ADORABLE HAVE TO DO WITH NOT BEING SHOVED IN A CLOSET? IS IT OKAY TO SHOVE UGLY PEOPLE INTO CLOSETS?!?!)

What is me I don't even...

message 9: by P. (new)

P. Well, what I meant was that he'd come out for you and burn you to ashes if you weren't in the Clare Hater club. Don't worry, my closet has this gateway that takes him back to his own world, so he'll still get to be adorable and awesome somewhere else.

(view spoiler)

message 10: by John (new) - added it

John Egbert Oh, okay. That's cool, then.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Luci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luci you are so funny, i guess the more you hate the more you love? (too used up, i know)