Jennie's Reviews > Dracula in Love

Dracula in Love by Karen Essex

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: gr-first-reads, fiction, paranormal, historical-fiction, read-in-2011, read-in-december
Read from December 03 to 10, 2011

I have been holding off on writing this review – trying to let my thought simmer a bit – because I am just so unsure of the impressions this story left on me. The first third and last third seemed to be the same story, but that second portion was all over the place. When I finished the story it somewhat connected into the plot but I still felt twisted about as a reader.

I enjoyed the writing – the setting was well written and powerful, the romance was steamy and also tender and the characters were all crazy enough to be believable. The portions that took place in an asylum were fascinating on their own, but this is the piece I struggled connecting with the first and last portions of the book. I enjoyed the time the Count and Mina interacted – that relationship was fascinating to me from the beginning. Actually, I remember uttering to myself throughout much of the book – give me more of the paranormal. I have decided that I need to re-read Dracula because I don’t remember much of it and would like to compare the two stories.

If you like the Dracula story then this might be of interest, but if you are looking for a vampire/paranormal read I think you would be better suited with something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula in Love.

12/04/2011 page 27
12/06/2011 page 210
55.0% "Feeling a bit lost and confused."
show 3 hidden updates…