Marybeth (Manhattan Reader)'s Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Aug 17, 11

bookshelves: i-own, favorites
Read from August 12 to 13, 2011

I fall in love with the series each time I open a new page. I was not expecting to fall in love with the book series so quick.

This was different than the other novels because now you have Rose on her own, searching for Dimitri who now an evil vampire, and I have to find new respect for her. In this age you would imagine having strong female characters in every day books, but that's not always the case. Yet, Rose is a strong female character, one that you can grow to respect. Sure, chasing after a guy may seem like a weak thing, but the hardest thing, I think, that happens is that Rose had to leave all behind for a while in order to fulfill a promise.

For a good portion of the novel I was afraid what Rose would do when she did find Dimitri, and my fears deepened when I thought that she was going to be awakened. Somehow I don't know how Rose can keep her sanity in the madness that is her life.

I fell in love with Dimitri's family and I wish that they had been introduced under different circumstances. And as for Abe? I was not expecting that.

And for the first time in the series my heart actually went to Lissa. I agreed with Mia that Lissa should have gone, instead of feeling sorry for herself and thinking that Rose was abandoning her, and yet I couldn't get myself to be upset with her because of everything that started to happen with Avery, Jill, and Christian. I wish someone had noticed sooner, but then again Lissa has always been a little damaged.

Haunting, dark, nerve-wrecking, anticipation ride that you do not want to get off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.