Lady Lioness's Reviews > Wings of Fire

Wings of Fire by Caris Roane

Mar 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: tbr-journal, subgenre-vampires, subgenre-angels-non-religious, read-march-2012, genre-paranormal-romance
Read from March 20 to 22, 2012

This book is very dependent on the reader having read Burning Skies, as it almost immediately picks up where that one left off. A couple of other things also bothered me about Wings of Fire. First off, Parisa is entrenched in stubbornness to the point where she is repeatedly hurting Antony with her decisions. I mean, we all know people who can be stubborn jackasses, but you have to want to be friends with them for the relationship to work and I didn't particularly like Parisa at all. Secondly, despite her stubbornness, Parisa cannot be considered too stupid to live, so after the third or fourth time she gets captured, it's like what the hell? Roane tends to rely on repetitive events to create conflict between her characters. It's either mortal danger or the breh-hedden. It's never about where they want to live or how many kids they want to have. Finally, the books never really end and nothing ever really changes. Okay, they got some higher level support and new info, but Greaves is still kicking their asses and they don't have a proactive plan in place. Roane also makes it quite clear who the couple will be. I bet the hero's going to be all 'I won't be tied down' and the heroine will be all 'I want my freedom!' I will be quite pleasantly shocked if it turns out I'm wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of Fire.