Lynn's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: a-classic, literary-fiction
Read from January 14 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I am totally smitten by A Game of Thrones. I didn't know about the books until the show came out then I became an ardent fan. I read the first book while the show was on and regretted knowing what was going to happen. So I debated reading this book before the series came on in April. Well I read one chapter and couldn't stop. All my favorite characters are there and I became better acquainted with Sansa whom I disliked a bit before. Tyrion and Arya are two of my favorite characters and they are important in this book. Tyrion spends most of his time trying to keep his sister and her son in line. He also has an opportunity to become a warrior. Arya is able to sneak out of the city without detection but ends up in a place that might be worse. Will she ever be Arya Stark of Winterfell again or be a low peasant living off the land or as a servant. Sansa is stuck in the castle with Joffery who is a murderous creep. Theon Greyjoy reveals why he is a prominent character but isn't very impressive. Bran is becoming more of a wolf boy. He is alone at Winterfell and it is a lot to handle. Catelyn is lost without her husband and oldest son but discovers a female knight Brienne who becomes her protector. As usual, bad guys don't necessarily lose but good guys can win, sometimes. For a little while at least.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

01/14/2012
3.0% "Areya Stark is traveling home with thieves to the North to escape the evil queen."
01/14/2012
5.0% "Sansa has met Tyrion who has returned to court."
01/16/2012
7.0% "Tyrion enters Kings Landing and becomes the hand of the king. Cersi isn't pleased but. ant control Joffrey on the throne."
01/17/2012
12.0% "15 year old Robb is solidifying his place as king of the North. Arya is traveling north with cut throats. Catelyn is getting used to her son being in charge."
01/17/2012
17.0% "new characters are being introduced."
01/17/2012
23.0% "more intrigue in Westros. Want to know more about dragons.."
01/18/2012
25.0% "Bran is now prince of Winterfell."
01/19/2012
27.0% "Tyrian is trying to control and contain the damage Joffrey and Cersi have done to the kingdom."
01/19/2012
31.0% "Tyrion has to deal with his sister and the mess she's made of the crown. Arya sees that Yoren is dead and Gendry discovers she is a girl and a lady at that."
01/21/2012
39.0% "I'm learning more about white walkers and Jon meets a man who marries his daughters and feeds his sons to the walkers."
01/22/2012
43.0% "Areya is now stuck at Tywin Lannisters house!"
01/23/2012
46.0% "I just love Arya Stark. Great character!"
01/23/2012 page 51
7.0% "really good"
01/24/2012
59.0% "everyone is getting ready for battle.. many characters and lots of fun."
63.0% "war is coming."
01/24/2012
74.0% "love this book. I know I have to stop tonight but I want to read on!"
01/25/2012
81.0% "can hardly believe that Bran and Rincon are dead. Wish they found more for Bran to do. Rooting for a kid that couldn't walk."
01/25/2012
83.0% "now queen cersi plans to have sansa killed if joffery dies!"
01/26/2012
100.0% "finished. cant wait to read next book."