Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > Tempest in the Tea Leaves

Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend

Aug 14, 2011

Recommended to Jeannie and Louis by: Mystery readers
Read from August 12 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

Rarely do I give a novel a five-star review on the first debut, however, I read "Tempest in the Tea Leaves" in record time. Why? Because, as one reviewer stated, it is "Destined to become a classic." A 29yr old young lady feeling out of touch with the world she was born to, decides it is time to venture out and live her own life, in her own way.

Sunshine Meadows is our sleuth's chosen name (to the chagrin of her parents.) I think the name is perfect. Lady Vicky, is the name of Sunny's new Victorian home...again perfect. Sunny is a fortune teller and uses a room in Lady Vicky referred to as "Sunny's Sanctuary" perfect! There is a magical cat, Morty, whom I wanted to adopt myself, and we are 'dog' persons. I adore his personality. Then, there is the town of Divinity, NY. What can I say? Divine! I love the characters living in town, even the naughty ones.

This book had it all. Humor, mystery, detective to drool over, gal pals, caring parents that should live at a distance, and a haunted house/or cat?

The ending was a complete surprise. I had an inclination but did not get the full picture until the clever author revealed it to me.

Now to impatiently await the next book in this series. Go, buy it and sit back and truly enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest in the Tea Leaves.