Carole Cummings's Reviews > The Cranberry Hush

The Cranberry Hush by Ben Monopoli

Aug 16, 11

I own a copy

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read a story that will touch their heart and stay with them. I thank everyone on my list here who read this and enthused about it, because those reviews are why I decided to pick this one up. I was looking for one of those stories that means something, that resonates, and this one delivered so much more than I dared hope.

Mr. Monopoli has a wonderful way with words, which sounds so cliche, but there's really no better way to put it. The imagery is so down-to-earth and yet evokes a beauty that's beyond the sentence structure itself. The characters are real people--massive flaws and all--and yet the exposition of their inner-selves and all of the baggage that comes with them makes them sublimely beautiful.

Character-driven in the strictest sense and in the very best way. Thank you all for the recommendations, and thank you, Mr. Monopoli, for a read that touched me deeply and will stay with me for a very long time.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cranberry Hush.

message 1: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Thank you for the lovely review, Carole! :-)
Ben

Carole Cummings No, Ben, thank you. Three dollars was not enough for what this meant to me.

Listen, I hope this isn't weird, but would you mind if I added you? I'd like to be at the front of the line when your next comes out.

message 3: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben It'd be my pleasure to be added. In fact, I just added you!

Thanks again!