Anne's Reviews > The Kalahari Typing School for Men

The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith

Aug 12, 11

Read in August, 2011

I am a big fan of this series in general. As with any series, some of the books are better than others, but overall the adventures of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency are delightful, funny, and always well-told. This book expands upon the lives of the side characters from the previous books, especially Mma Makutsi, Precious Ramotswe's oh-so-eager assistant. I enjoyed the filling out of the side characters because it adds detail and heart to the larger story arc. One of the reasons I love Alexander McCall Smith's writing, is his ability to create rich settings and fully-developed characters. The extra details found in this book, like Mma Ramotswe missing her father's hat, are what make his stories so intriguing and, often, touching. "The Kalahari Typing School for Men" is a stepping stone novel and really can't stand alone. If interested in the series, you should really start at the beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kalahari Typing School for Men.